This is for donations only, NO SHARE DONATIONS HERE
Ruby’s Pantry is a 13 year old 501C3 Minnesota non-profit corporation. In 2015 it distributed 11,786,961 pounds of food primarily in rural communities in Minnesota and Wisconsin. An additional 2,114,962 pounds of food were also shared with other food banks. Please see below for additional statistics. Primarily our distribution sites are local churches that represent a variety of denominations.
Ruby’s Pantry is supported through the contributions of the guests who participate. Guests are asked to donate $20 for the food they receive in two big boxes or laundry baskets that they provide. 96% of the families who attend cheerfully donate to the program. 10%, a tithe, goes back to the local sponsoring church to be used for benevolence and some expenses to operate the program. This is a non-traditional method of operating a charity but without these contributions the program could not exist. These donation cover much of the costs of operating the program but it doesn’t provide funds for equipment, buildings or unexpected repairs. That is why we need donated funds from individuals, foundations and corporations.
The following are the 2015 Statistics:
• 132,092 Families Served at Distributions
• Estimated 356,648 Individuals
• $257,415.30 given to the distribution sites for benevolence/local expenses
• 11,786,961 pounds of food given out at distributions
• 13,901,923 pounds of food received from donors
• 2,114,962 pounds of food shared with other organizations
• $23,772,288 of food handled
Many Ways To Give
• Donate online.
• By Mail: Ruby’s Pantry 5833 Pecan St, North Branch MN 55056
• Contact our office at 651.674.0009